We (Phil and I) have been talking about changes in the future and thought that these changes were a few years away, but COVID-19 radically changed the time frame.
Key Phrase: The Great Reset
The promise is that this reset will bring us to a place that will "correct the world's economic ails" in a sustainable way.
from the website: The changes we have already seen in response to COVID-19 prove that a reset of our economic and social foundations is possible.
In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.
there are three main components:
- "fairer outcomes" - NOT equal opportunities...equal outcomes.
- Equality and sustainability - using "green" urban infrastructure, social and governance metrics.
- harness the Fourth Industrial Revolution to support the "public good" *especially by addressing health and social challenges.
Tony Marsh (politichicks) says the time frame has narrowed to 24 months.
The details of this Great Reset are vague but the direction is clear.
- massive government intervention
- wealth taxes (punish success)
- Green New Deal programs
- all (yes, ALL) aspects of our societies must be revamped
- redistribution of wealth from the world's most successful economy to...everybody else.
- "rebalancing economies"
They don't call it "socialism" but the definition fits. "a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole."