My daily reading included 1 Chronicles 4 today. I am reminded of the power of the draw of "stuff"...and the Advent Conspiracy
Sometimes it is amazing what human beings can wrench out of 2 (two) verses.
Jabez (the place) is mentioned one time.
Jabez (ther man) is mentioned one time, in two verses:
Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request. (1 Chronicles 4:9-10)
Out of these two verses comes a theology of selfishness.
- The Prayer of Jabez
- Beyond Jabez
- The Prayer of Jabez, 5th Anniversary Edition
- The Prayer of Jabez Bible Study
- The Prayer of Jabez: Music
- The Prayer of Jabez: Video
- The Prayer of Jabez: Poster
- The Prayer of Jabez: Bible Pendant (14k gold)
- The Prayer of Jabez for Women
- The Prayer of Jabez for Women: Video series
- The Prayer of Jabez for Women: Video series workbook
- The Prayer of Jabez for Teens
- The Prayer of Jabez: Devotional
There are two things that we know about Jabez. He was honorable...and he wanted something.
How much do we want?
How much of what we want is "stuff"?
How different than Paul?
...that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death... (Phil 3:10)
Instead of praying for our own advantage, why not