at least anything very physical.
Later I might take my computer to Biggby (or Susie's) and use their air conditioner and WiFi and hang out for a long time.
No bike ride today.
Here is the text from the weather advisory:
... HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND RAPIDS HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING.
* HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL REACH THE LOWER TO MID 90S AND DEW POINTS WILL REMAIN NEAR 70 THIS AFTERNOON. THAT WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDEX VALUES IN THE MID 90S.
* THE HIGHEST HEAT INDEX VALUES WILL BE NEAR AND SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 96 AND EAST OF ROUTE 131.
* THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK OF HEAT STROKE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TO REMAIN OUTSIDE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.
* THE CUMULATIVE EFFECT OF THIS HEAT COULD POTENTIALLY TAKE ITS TOLL ON THOSE WHO ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO EXTREME HEAT.
* THE OLDER AND YOUNGEST ARE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO HEAT STROKE.
* PAVEMENT CAN BUCKLE DUE TO THE HEAT.
A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.