This is really good! I've put it on chicken, kale, broccoli, and could pretty much eat it with a spoon.
SPICY COCO SAUCE
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped Ginger, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne (all to taste)
- 1 can coconut milk (please do not use low-fat)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- Sauté onion, garlic, and spices in coconut milk.
- Add salt and brown sugar and reduce for 20 minutes.
Sauce will hold for 5 days refrigerated, or you can freeze it. Portion size is cup per serving. Makes 4 servings.
Recitas, Lyn-Genet (2013-01-01). The Plan: Eliminate the Surprising "Healthy" Foods That Are Making You Fat--and Lose Weight Fast (Kindle Locations 2671-2681). Grand Central Life & Style. Kindle Edition.