GOAL: Ride a "Century" by the end of the cycling season - perhaps "Apple Cider Century" or "Middle of the Mitten", both in October
I most likely will not be riding outdoors until March or April (I don't have a snow-ready bike), so some of this will be indoors.
Objective: Ride 50 flat miles by May 1 and 50 hill miles by June 1.
At home (winter work)
- Watch one movie each week while riding a stationary bike
- Three times each week, listen to 20 minutes podcast while "sprinting" on stationary bike
- Strengthen "core muscles" using Pilates
As soon as roads are clear and dry:
- Get out on Musketawa Trail (flat work)
- After 50 miles on Musketawa Trail, begin with 20 miles of "hill work" (route on Mapmyride and including Grand River Ave and Five Mile Road.)
- Beginning May 1 (because of sunrise times) ride to work 3 days per week.
GOAL: Ride my bike to my parents' house (180 miles) by July 4.
That should fit in with the rest of the bike work.
- need panniers and trunk bag
Notes: for riding to Mom and Dad's house, a good idea might be to either have a "volunteer" ride with me, or have Tom drive ahead and "camp" at a hotel. I'd like to do the ride in 3 or 4 days.