One of my week points is not only forgetting the Goals and Objectives, but forgetting ABOUT the goals and objectives.
So...(before I post this) I'm going to use google calendar to remind myself weekly to post on health and monthly to update progress.
Done - each last Thursday of the month I have a reminder to post update on Goals and Objectives on "Fit Friday"
I will print the G&A out and put them "everywhere".
GOAL: Ride a "Century" by the end of the cycling season - perhaps "Apple Cider Century" or "Middle of the Mitten", both in October
I most likely will not be riding outdoors until March or April (I don't have a snow-ready bike), so some of this will be indoors.
Objective: Ride 50 flat miles by May 1 and 50 hill miles by June 1.
At home (winter work)
- Watch one movie each week while riding a stationary bike
- Three times each week, listen to 20 minutes podcast while "sprinting" on stationary bike
- Strengthen "core muscles" using Pilates
As soon as roads are clear and dry:
- Get out on Musketawa Trail (flat work)
- After 50 miles on Musketawa Trail, begin with 20 miles of "hill work" (route on Mapmyride and including Grand River Ave and Five Mile Road.)
- Beginning May 1 (because of sunrise times) ride to work 3 days per week.
GOAL: Ride my bike to my parents' house (180 miles) by July 4.
That should fit in with the rest of the bike work.
- need panniers and trunk bag
Notes: for riding to Mom and Dad's house, a good idea might be to either have a "volunteer" ride with me, or have Tom drive ahead and "camp" at a hotel. I'd like to do the ride in 3 or 4 days.
GOAL: Post every day
grace-note - okay to miss three days a month
Objective: Stick (loosely) to the schedule.
- I posted a loose schedule a few months ago that has worked pretty well
Objective: Make my blog known
- Post on "hot topics" that will attract search engines
- Post comments on other blogs that I already read and enjoy, although through my blog reader.
Objective: Make my blog "worth it"
- Use MzEllen.com to blog my way through books, devotionals, podcasts and life.
GOAL: keep joints, bones and flexibility young and healthy.
Objective: Take all the right supplements
Objective: Take care of myself
- Stay on track for 38 visits to chiropractor and massage therapy
- do "Praise Moves" 5 times per week.
This is the really, really difficult one, because it's so easy to fall off that wagon and so hard to get back on.
GOAL: FOCUS ON THE WAY OF LIFE
GOAL: FORGET THE SCALES
Objective: Focus on "The Primal Blueprint"
- Limit carbs to 100 grams a day, 6 days per week
- including 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables (heavy on vegetables)
- limit dairy to 1 serving a day
- restrict grains to oats and rice
Objective: Focus on "anti-inflammatory/anti-aging" eating
- make preferred and avoid food lists and carry in planner
- restrict "avoid" foods to one per day (working toward fewer)
Objective: Focus on "Blood Type Diet" (this should fit nicely, since it's very similar to the Primal Blueprint.)
- restrict "avoid" foods (dairy excepted) to no more than 5% of eating
Objective: Enjoy the journey
- Eat foods I enjoy and don't force myself to eat food that I don't enjoy
- Cook one brand new recipe every week.
Objective: Use the blogs
- Use the blogger blogs to track progress
- daily food logs
- blog through diet and exercise books
- post new recipes
- update weekly
My plan is to use my planner more effectively. First...find the thing (just kidding I know exactly where it is)
- Buy new planner pages (pick something pretty)
- Put classes in planner
Health Section :
- General goals and objectives for cycling, weights, walking
- food log pages
- shopping lists with beneficial and avoid foods
- print weekly devotional
- print out Bible reading plan
- prayer log
Book and Music section
- reading and music log
- wish list