Really had a tough time this week.
- I am learning that allergens do really bad things to me.
I overloaded on wheat yesterday and I'm having a really hard time with respiratory stuff.
- I learned that I should not even put 1 quarter in the candy machine
because that leads to putting 3 quarters in the candy machine.
- I learned that I need to fix my lunch the evening ahead of time
or else I'll put stuff in it that's quick, but not terribly healthy.
- I learned that I need to attach my keys to my lunch...
Or I leave it hanging on the door knob (which leads to the overload of wheat and quarters...
started on 8/14...updated whenever. The day that this will post I'll be camping. I don't know if I'll be able to update weight, etc.
This week is going to be a rough week...A month ago I became "single" (can you say "HELL"?) This week the first eagle leaves the nest. Whatever bird you use to describe the second...that will come next week. So this is "neener, neener, neener. Nobody wants you, you're single and even your kids are gone" week.
recipe: Simple Celery and Almond Salad
1 bunch (12-15 stalks) celery, plus leaves
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
salt and pepper
- Chop the celery and toss with almonds.
- whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- drizzle over celery and almonds
serves about 4
It will be very easy to scale it down...although for camping it would make a good evening bite to eat - just toss the celery and almonds into individual baggies - and add the parsley so it doesn't get icky in the dressing and take the dressing in a sealed container.
I'll put that together this afternoon.
December-ish photo taken at work