Really had a tough time this week.
- I am learning that allergens do really bad things to me.
I overloaded on wheat yesterday and I'm having a really hard time with respiratory stuff.
- I learned that I should not even put 1 quarter in the candy machine
because that leads to putting 3 quarters in the candy machine.
- I learned that I need to fix my lunch the evening ahead of time
or else I'll put stuff in it that's quick, but not terribly healthy.
- I learned that I need to attach my keys to my lunch...
Or I leave it hanging on the door knob (which leads to the overload of wheat and quarters...
I tested negative for a peanut allergy...and yet have a very clear allergic reaction. I also tested VERY positive to a number of molds. Is this why? Is this also why I sometimes have the same reaction to wheat? Less often (but it happens) to tree nuts?
Peanut allergy is nearly always an allergy to the mold aflatoxin-as the name implies, a toxin from mold. Plenty of natural substances are toxic. From the USDA Web site (http://snurl.com/36ne): "Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring mycotoxin produced by two types of mold: aspergillus flavus and aspergillus parasiticus." Aflatoxin damages the liver, in both Eastern and Western medical terms, and is a potent carcinogen (something known to cause cancer). This mold is found primarily on peanuts, corn, wheat, soy, tree nuts, oil seeds and sorghum. Aflatoxin is sometimes measurable in milk excreted by cows fed with moldy feed.
I don't know...