I AM A CHRISTIAN:
I affirm that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
I affirm that Christ, born of a woman, eternally existant, creator of all things, was crucified, buried and risen from the dead.
I affirm that by grace we are saved, through faith.
By grace, we have faith in the saving power Christ.I am "Reformed".
I am "Calvinistic" in sotierology, but not in ecclesiology.
Reformed theology differs from both Roman Catholic theology and Arminian theology (Wesleyan/Nazarene/most of what most Americans think is "mainstream")
There are two fundamental "nutshells" that are recognized as "Reformed". The first are the "Five Solas" and the second is "TULIP". There is a lot more to "Reformed theology" than these two pieces, but these are the very basics.
The Five Solas
(along with links to other posts I have written):
- My Thoughts on Sola Scriptura - originally post 7/31/05 - reposted on 8/22/06
- More on Sola Scriptura - 8/13/05
- Sola Scriptura in 20 Words or Less - 8/17/05
- Grand Finale; “Sola Scriptura - the problems” - 8/18/05
- Sola Scriptura - recap - 7/10/06
- Does Sola Scriptura Matter? - 7/24/06
- Sola Scriptura! - First Essay - 7/27/06
- Sola Scriptura! - A History Lesson - 7/30/06
- Sola Scriptura! - The Establishment of Scripture - 7/31/06
- Sola Scriptura! - The Authority of Scripture - 8/20/06
- Sola Scriptura! - The Sufficiency of the Written Word - 9/3/06
- Sola Fide - 8/10/05
- More on Sola Fide (Saving Faith, Charles Spurgeon) - 8/14/05
- Sola Fide - 8/2/06
- Faith Alone - 8/2/06
SOLI DEO GLORIA
Total depravity of man
- Spurgeon and the "T" - 4/24/08
- About That Free Will - 8/29/06
Perseverence of the saints